RCS 180cc 5 Cylinder Radial Engine with Electronic Ignition is replacing the 150!
Model Airplane News Dec 2007
Yes, these are the sweetest engines in all of RC. They look real and they sound real. There is no mistaking the sound. Check out the videos under the videos tabs. If these engines don’t give you chills, you need to find a different hobby. They are very reliable as well! You might think with a multitude of pushrods and special ignition that they would be unreliable, but they are not! They take more care and maintenance, but the results are well worth it. Just ask all the top modelers who fly them. We also offer a host of excellent propellers from Biela, TBM, MSC, Mejzlik, PT Models, Xoar and others. We offer 2-blade, 3-blade and even 4-blade props which not only look scale but offer high performance.
These engines turn very low rpm’s, just like the real thing. The props are high pitch, up to 22″ to keep the rpm down and the speed up.
When you come roaring by with your earth shaking Corsair, P-47 or other beauty, everyone will be watching and listening.
Each engine is hand crafted in Hungary for the best engine in RC. If you are in need of repairs, TBM has parts and repair technicians available to get you back into the air fast.
The RCS engines are supplied with an electronic computer controlled auto advance ignition. This ignition is rather unique, as the high voltage coils are mounted in the rear of the engine and the control unit connects to them with a multi-pin connector and only low voltage DC current is conducted in this cable. Each plug has its own high voltage coil so; there is no need for a pesky distributor. The timing sensor is also located inside the engine. The net result of this great arrangement is a neat installation that is quite compact. The ring collector exhaust system, shown in the photos, is standard equipment.
Out of Stock? RCS engines are in such high demand that they cannot keep up with demand. We try to keep an inventory of engines on hand, but we are sold out quite often. Please put one on backorder if you are interested in one so that you will be on the list. If you do not get on the list, it may be a long time before we actually have engines in stock.
These engines take a long time to build and each engine is run to ensure quality product. They cannot build them more quickly and maintain the quality level. Thank you for your understanding.
|Weight||9.8 lbs – (includes ignition)|
|Fuel/Ratio||89-93 Octane Synthetic Oil Only 32:1 for break In, 40:1, 50:1|
|Ignition||4.8v-6v Microprocessor Auto Advance *Battery Information|
|2-Blade Propellers||28×12, 30×10|
|3-Blade Propellers||26×14, 27×10|
- Designed and engineered in Germany
- Manufactured by RCS in Hungary
- CNC machined to exacting tolerances
- Utilizes a 2 cycle oil mix to lubricate all internal parts, connecting rod bearings and valves guides
- Cylinder heads use an over head valve design with hemispherical combustion chambers
- Axial cam ring is driven by a dual set of steel planetary gears directly from the crankshaft
- Pushrods and rocker arms are exposed for easy maintenance, inspection and lubrication
- Nose mounted air pump provides a pressure pulse to operate the carburetor pump section
- Centrally mounted rear carburetor is housed within the back plate mount
- Auto advancing electronic ignition uses a hall sensor and a magnetic switch to sense the 10 cam ring magnets to provide proper timing information
- Individual high voltage coils are housed within the rear engine case
- Integrated collector ring exhaust includes dual outlets, one each at 5 and 7 o’clock and� a hard point at 12 o’clock for smoke injector installation (�” ID high temp silicone or stainless spiral wrap tubing is recommended for exhaust extensions)