RC Logger RC EYE 650 Quadcopter Kit
Out of Stock
- RISC Microprocessor Flight Control!
The RC Eye 650 kit is equipped with latest Atmel RISC processor and MEMS gyro technology combined with acceleration sensor, designed in Germany, just as used in modern civil aviation. It provides perfect and flawless flight-control and stunning flight-leveling. Perfectly matched motor-driver technology engineered in Germany specially catered for long and powerful flights. In combination with Scorpion's brushless motor technology guaranteed for maximum performance and efficiency. The light weight aluminium and plastics composite based frame provides excellent flight stability and protection of all electronic components. A UART interface allows expert flight control programming, parameter adjustment or data logging capabilities - or simply add your very own custom hardware.
- Long powerful FPV Flights!
Hook-Up your RC Logger PRO (special mounting plate set included with kit) and step into the world of FPV flying. Due to its extreme stability this aircraft is an ideal entry to FPV and OSD flight experience. Additional space for mounting OSD and wireless 5.8 GHz video transmission modules or RC Logger add-on modules round-up one complete solution. Novice- and expert- flight modes are pre-selectable.
- Light Up the Sky!
The main frame provides space for an additional available light-control PCB. The optional night flying add-on kit includes a controller for 8 outputs supporting single LEDs or LED strips (included with night flying add-on kit).
- Areal Photography at its Best!
Wide and tall landing skid construction allowing to install additional load such as cameras onto the RC Eye 650. The main frame provides mounting holes for any custom made mounting plate. A mounting plate set specifically designed for the RC Logger PRO is included with the kit. The RC Eye 650 has plenty of power reserve to lift even large objects, at the same time ensuring long flight time provided through Scorpions motor technology and the well optimized motor driver. Flight stability and power efficiency are the key ingredients to successful areal photography or videography. The RC Eye 650 transforms you into the directors chair - well affordable and professional.
- Connect your Controls!
Link up your RC Logger devices such as the GPS add-on module and IMU add-on module to get even more out of your RC Eye 650 flight experience. A communication interface (in development) will add autonomous flying capabilities to this extraordinary aircraft. Experienced pilots have the freedom of choosing and adjusting individual flight control parameters such as pitch, roll, yaw and throttle. Just connect the craft to your PC using the additional data kit and adjust your personal level of control. The RC Eye 650 offers various standard flight modes which do not require user programming or PC interfacing.
The following items are included in the delivery:
- RC Eye 650 kit including 4x Scorpion brushless motor(s), includes all mechanical parts, wires
- 2x Motor driver PCB
- 1x Flight control board with MEMS gyro (QC-09)
- 1x PWM signal converter(QC-07)
- 2x Anti slip battery strap
- Special ABS mounting bracket for RC Logger HD, HD2, PRO, X2
- 4x High performance propeller, glasfiber enforced
- Sticker set
- Assembly and operating instructions
Additional RC equipment required:
- Standard RC radio set (TX/RX), minimum 6-channel, 2.4 GHz preferred
- 11.1 V, 30 C, 3600 mAh - 4000 mAh, 3 S LiPo battery (one required)
- Suitable LiPo battery balancer and charger
- BEC regulator with 3 A/5 V continuous output current, supports 3 S 12 V LiPo battery power input (required for powering additional devices or receivers with power rating higher than 350 mA/5 V)
||(W x H) 650 mm x 285 mm
|No load weight:
||880 g (without battery and additional load)
||Approx. 1,100 g (with LiPo battery)
|Maximum liftoff weight:
||2,000 g (4.4 lbs)
||Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Throttle
||Scorpion Power Systems
|Shear force (per motor):
||Max. 900 g
||11.1 V, 3 S, LiPo, 3600 mAh - 4000 mAh
||142 x 43 x 25.95 mm (L x W x H)
||9 - 12 V/DC
||Max. 19 A per DC motor
|Max power rating from main flight control board:
||350 mA/5 V (to power receiver and additional devices)
||Indoors and outdoors at dry conditions
|Wind during flight operation:
||No to light wind
||+10 - +40 Celsius
||Max. 80%, non-condensing
Flight performance and control:
- 3 selectable flight modes from novice to expert
- Flight configuration as "CROSS-" and "X-" mode (X-mode available from Q2/2012)
- Heading hold mode (Agility mode)
- Support for TX mode 1, 2, 3 and 4 (refer to user manual)
- Supported by powerful RISC microprocessor technology
- Complex flight control system including position and acceleration sensing with MEMS technology
- PWM signal converter to connect a wide selection of TX/RX (Serializer PWM to PPM Encoder)
- High thrust due to light weight construction
- Extended flight time due to high efficiency
Mechanical construction and frame:
- High grade plastic composite material, aluminium combination
- Main stabilizing plate made of special rigid composite material (manufactured in Germany)
- Wide and tall landing skid construction providing room for additional payload
- Rigid but lightweight construction
- Additional space for extension boards
- Center of gravity variable battery slot with anti slip surface battery straps
- Balanced rotor blades, GF enforced
Electronics and motor:
- Flight control (QC-09) powered by Atmel RISC processor and MEMS technology
- PWM signal converter (QC-07)
- Atmel Mega8 RISC processor based brushless motor controller
- Innovative MEMS gyro technology
- Gyro and acceleration sensor for optimized flight leveling
- RS232 interface allowing software (firmware) updates and custom add-ons
- Status- and servo- signal interface (UART) for customization
- Data kit, configuration options via PC software (optional accessory)
- Night flying kit (QC-06), 8 outputs for LED's and LED strips (optional accessory)
- Battery warning and locator function
- High performance specially designed brushless motors powered by Scorpion technology and reliability
- High power motor driver
- High power connector(s) included
Allied countries of the United States regarding shipment of any products from TBM
WARNING - Gasoline and Turbine powered R/C model aircraft are not manufactured to withstand unlimited G's. Any R/C model aircraft can fail, be it a wing folding up or a fuselage breaking in half under too high of a load. Just as any full size aircraft, model R/C aircraft have a maximum G rating. Because you are not in the plane flying it and experiencing the G's and reading the G-meter, it is more difficult to judge the G's on the aircraft, and it is very easy to exceed the limits of the aircraft. Understand that if you perform a snap roll, parachute, wall, blender, knife edge loop, or pull hard on the elevator at almost any speed, you can be putting in excess of 15 G's, even in excess of 30 G's, and most aircraft can only designed to take 10-12 G's. If you perform any violent maneuver, you can break your plane. When I perform hard maneuvers, especially for the first time on an airframe, I am prepared for a failure and am prepared for it as best I can be. This mainly includes performing the maneuver far enough away from spectators that in event of a failure that I am not endangering others. In addition, be prepared for the manufacturer to not pay for a new airframe which is broken during flight. It is common practice for any manufacturer to not replace an airframe which breaks in the air or upon landing. I have only seen manufacturers replace airframes when they have received many of the same failures and the manufacturer determines that there was a design or manufacturing error. If you break an airframe, and you are the only one to do so, then it is probably not the fault of the manufacturer. Please fly safely, and avoid full throttle operation other than at low airspeeds.
R/C model jets
, aerobatic planes
, DJI S1000 Octocopter
, and UAV Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
to name a few are not
a toy! If misused, it can cause serious bodily harm and property damage. Fly only in open areas, and AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) approved flying sites. Follow all manufacturer instructions included with your plane, radio, servo's, batteries and engine. Aircraft manufacturers guarantees each kit to be free from defects in both material and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component assembled by the customer. All parts of high stress must be inspected and reinforced if necessary by a competent builder. Some parts should be glued again. High stress areas such as firewalls, motor boxes, wing mounts, landing gear mounts, etc., are areas of high concern. Seek help if necessary. In not case shall TBM be liable for the cost of any product it offers which is not manufactured by TBM. The liability to the manufacturer cannot exceed the original cost of the purchased item. Further, TBM reserves the right to change or modify this warranty without notice. In that TBM has no control over the final assembly or materials used for final assembly, no liability shall be assumed nor accepted for any damage resulting from the use by the user of the final user-assembled product. By the act of using the user assembled product, the user accepts all resulting liability. The kit manufacturers have provided you with a top quality, thoroughly tested kit and instructions, but ultimately the quality and fly ability of your finished model depends on how you build it; therefore, we cannot in any way guarantee the performance of your completed model, and no representations are expressed or implied as to the performance or safety of your completed model. It is the user's responsibility to inspect each component for worthiness.